Program A (HT)
Hazardous Materials Technician for CBRNE Incidents (HT)
Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, Fire Service, Governmental Administrative, Hazardous Materials, Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Public Health, Public Safety Communications, Public Works. This course is also open to HAZMAT technicians within private industry.
Hazardous Materials Technician for CBRNE Incidents is a three-day course that provides the hazardous materials technician with a wide range of emergency response skills necessary in response to Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, and Explosive (CBRNE) weapons of mass destruction incidents. After receiving classroom instruction and participating in hands-on training exercises, students will practice their knowledge and skills at the nation’s only toxic chemical training facility dedicated solely to emergency responders—the Chemical, Ordinance, Biological, and Radiological Training Facility (COBRATF).
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- Respond to incidents involving radiological materials used as weapons of mass destruction;
- Respond to incidents involving industrial and chemical warfare agents used as weapons of mass destruction;
- Respond to incidents involving biological materials used as weapons of mass destruction; and
- Extricate and decontaminate victims at the site of CBRNE weapons of mass destruction incidents.
HT is designed for OSHA-qualified HAZMAT technicians (29 CFR 1910.120).
- International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET): 2.4
- Nursing, through Alabama Board of Nursing (nurses only): 24