Program Z (HT)
Hazardous Materials Technician for CBRNE Incidents (HT)
Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, Fire Service, Governmental Administrative, Hazardous Materials, Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Public Health, Public Safety Communications, Public Works. This course is also open to HAZMAT technicians within private industry and graduates of the CDPís Emergency Responder Hazardous Materials Technician for CBRNE Incidents (ER HM) course. This is not the pre-requisite course for attendance to the Hazardous Devices School in Huntsville, AL (Please see program H).
Hazardous Materials Technician for CBRNE Incidents is a demanding five-day course that challenges the hazardous materials technician with an extensive hands-on training experience. The technician will demonstrate learned skills in response actions to a Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear and Explosive (CBRNE) weapons of mass destruction incident in both the Centers outdoor Northville training complex and nation’s only toxic chemical training facility dedicated solely to the nation’s emergency responders.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- Respond to incidents involving radiological materials used as weapons of mass destruction;
- Respond to incidents involving industrial and chemical warfare agents used as weapons of mass destruction;
- Respond to incidents involving biological materials used as weapons of mass destruction; and
- Extricate and decontaminate victims at the site of CBRNE weapons of mass destruction incidents.
HT is specifically designed for OSHA-qualified HAZMAT technicians (29 CFR 1910.120).
- International Association for Continuing Education and Training (IACET): 4.0
- Police Officer Standards and Training (POST; approved per state):