Bombing Prevention Awareness CourseBPAC AWR-348 8 Contact Hours
Emergency responders who are interested in or required to have a basic awareness of bombing prevention measures.
The Bombing Prevention Awareness Course (BPAC) provides emergency responders with an overview of bombing-prevention measures. During the one-day course, responders learn to understand basic concepts of general bombing prevention knowledge.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- Evaluate the function and purpose of improvised explosive devices (IEDs).
- Identify explosive effects of IEDs.
- Evaluate the terrorist attack style.
- Identify indicators of suspicious behaviors and items.
- Identify protective measures.
Continuing Education Credits
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)/Office for Bombing Prevention (OBP) is authorized by IACET (International Association of Continuing Education and Training) to award 0.8 CEUs for this activity.
Police Officer Standards and Training (POST), if approved by the student's state, may award 8 CEUs for this activity