Bomb-Making Materials Awareness Program Administrator TrainingBMAP AT MGT-450-1 24.3 Contact Hours
The target audience consists of first responders, public safety officers, and law enforcement officers tasked with instructing the Bomb-Making Materials Awareness Program Outreach Officers course.
The purpose of this BMAP Administrators Training course is to provide supervisors, trainers, and other select representatives with the information and skills required to instruct the Bomb-Making Materials Awareness Program (BMAP) Outreach Officers course using adult learning principles.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- Evaluate the function and purpose of improvised explosive devices (IEDs) through an examination of their components
- Indicate the utility of homemade explosives (HME) through a discussion of the availability of precursors and materials used to manufacture them
- Explain what makes purchasing potential precursor chemicals and IED components suspicious
- Given a sample BMAP Plan Development, develop a BMAP outreach plan
- Through general discussion, identify methods for sustaining individual BMAP outreach efforts
- Using the MGT-450 BMAP Outreach Officers Course Instructional Packet, prepare to teach an assigned section of the course to a group of peers
- Using the MGT-450 BMAP Outreach Officers Course Instructional Packet, effectively deliver a portion of the BMAP Outreach Officers Course to a peer group
Not offered at this time.
Prerequisites and Requirements
To be eligible to attend the course, a student must:
- Have a requirement or responsibility to teach the Bomb-Making Materials Awareness Program Outreach Officer course
- Have completed the Bomb-Making Materials Awareness Program Outreach Officer course
- Be physically capable of completing all learning activities and exercises.
Continuing Education Credits
The Center for Domestic Preparedness is authorized by IACET to offer 2.8 CEUs for this program.