Law Enforcement Response Actions for CBRNE IncidentsLERA PER-265 8 Contact Hours
Law Enforcement and Security Personnel who require training and practice in the identification of chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, or explosive (CBRNE) hazards and the response to CBRNE incidents.
Law Enforcement Response Actions for CBRNE Incidents (LERA) is a one-day training course during which law enforcement and security personnel apply the knowledge and skills they learned during Law Enforcement Protective Measures for CBRNE Incidents through practice and realistic incident scenarios. Students receive advanced practical application in the identification of CBRNE hazards, personal protective equipment, safety considerations, and hazards and evidence preservation.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:<
- Identify biological, chemical, and explosive hazards.
- Don and doff personal protective equipment.
- Assume initial command of a CBRNE incident.
- Handle a weapon and perform weapon-retention techniques.
- Preserve evidence.
- Process through technical decontamination.
Prerequisites and Requirements
To be eligible for the course, the student must successfully complete the following courses:
- AWR-160, WMD/Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders;
- IS-100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System or any of the available ICS-100 series;
- IS-200.b, ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents or any of the available ICS-200 series;
- IS-700.a, National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction; and
- IS-800.b, National Response Framework, An Introduction.
- Participants must have successfully completed Law Enforcement Protective Measures for CBRNE Incidents; and
- Participants must be physically capable of completing all learning activities and exercises, including the ability to move tactically as a member of a law enforcement team, clear rooms, apprehend a suspect, and extricate a victim or suspect from a building or room.
Exceptions to any of the above prerequisites may be granted on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the CDP Registrar.
Continuing Education Credits
The Center for Domestic Preparedness is authorized by IACET to offer 0.8 CEUs for this program.
Police Officer Standards and Training (POST), if approved per by the student's state): 8