Intermediate Hands-On Training for CBRNE Incidents: Law EnforcementHOT-LE PER-313 8 Contact Hours
Law Enforcement and Security Personnel who require practical application and confidence in responding to realistic chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear, and/or explosive (CBRNE) incidents requiring law enforcement action.
The Intermediate Hands-On Training for CBRNE Incidents: Law Enforcement (HOT-LE) is a one-day course designed to give law enforcement officers confidence while operating in personal protective equipment and to provide complex practice in the skills and abilities necessary to identify and safely respond to CBRNE incidents.
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- Identify chemical, biological, and explosive hazards.
- Don and doff personal protective equipment.
- Assume initial command of a CBRNE incident.
- Preserve evidence.
- Process through technical decontamination.
Prerequisites and Requirements
To be eligible for the course, a student must successfully complete the following courses:
- AWR-160, WMD/Terrorism Awareness for Emergency Responders;
- IS-100.b, Introduction to the Incident Command System, IS-100, or any of the available ICS-100 series;
- IS-200.b, ICS for Single Resources and Initial Action Incidents, IS-200 or any of the available ICS-200 series;
- IS-700.b, National Incident Management System, An Introduction,IS-700;
- IS-800.c, An Introduction to the National Response Framework, IS-800; and
- PER-264, Law Enforcement Protective Measures for CBRNE Incidents.
- Be physically capable of completing all learning activities and exercises, including the ability to operate in personal protective equipment; move tactically as a member of a law enforcement team; clear rooms; apprehend a suspect; and extricate a victim or suspect from a building or room.
Exceptions to any of the above prerequisites may be granted on a case-by-case basis at the discretion of the CDP Registrar.
Continuing Education Credits
The Center for Domestic Preparedness is authorized by IACET to offer 0.8 CEUs for this program.
Police Officer Standards and Training (POST), if approved by the student's state: 8