Step 1 (Obtain FEMA SID Number)
- You will need a FEMA Student Identification (SID) number to apply for CDP training.
- Visit the FEMA Student Identification website to register for or retrieve your FEMA SID number. Once you have your FEMA SID continue on to step 2.
Step 2 (Create CTAS Account)
Step 3 (Search and Select Offered Training)
- Search for training on the Resident Training section of the CDP Website.
- Click the “Register for this Program” button for the desired training program. You will be directed to the CDP Training Registration System (TRS) electronic application site.
Step 4 (Complete Application)
- Log in to the CDP TRS with your FEMA SID number and password.
- If you were directed to TRS from the CDP Website the training program/course information will be pre-populated. If a different program/course is desired, click the link to return to the training calendar.
- Select up to three preferred training dates then review and complete all required information. Note: Once you have submitted an application in TRS the system will save and pre-populate your application with the information on your previously submitted application.
- Click the “Review and Submit Application Now” button.
Step 5 (Review, Finalize and Submit Application)
- Review summary of application and attach any required documents.
- Click the “Submit Application” button. You and your supervisor will receive an email confirming your application was successfully submitted. You and your supervisor will receive auto-generated emails with application status updates throughout the remainder of the application process.
- Your application will be processed by the respective State/Territory/Tribal Training Coordinator and CDP Regional Coordinator. Monitor your email and TRS for updates and application status.
Who to Contact
- For training application and related questions or issues contact CDP Student Services at
- For log in, access and technical system questions or issues contact CDP Help Desk Support at
or 866-213-9699. Hours of operation are Mon. – Fri. 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Central.
- If you are unable to apply for CDP training via TRS and need an alternative to apply, contact your respective CDP Regional Coordinator.