Training Application Process
Step 1 (Obtain FEMA SID Number)
- You will need a FEMA Student Identification (SID) number to apply for CDP training.
- Visit the FEMA Student Identification website to register for or retrieve your FEMA SID number. Once you have your FEMA SID continue on to step 2.
Step 2 (Create CTAS Account)
- If this is your first time attending CDP training, log in to CDP’s Training Administration System (CTAS) using your FEMA SID account login credentials and fill in all required fields to create your CTAS account.
Step 3 (Search and Select Offered Training)
- Search for training on the Resident Training section of the CDP Website.
- Click the “Register for this Program” button for the desired training program. You will be directed to the CDP Training Registration System (TRS) electronic application site.
Step 4 (Complete Application)
- Log in to the CDP TRS with your FEMA SID number and password.
- If you were directed to TRS from the CDP Website the training program/course information will be pre-populated. If a different program/course is desired, click the link to return to the training calendar.
- Select up to three preferred training dates then review and complete all required information. Note: Once you have submitted an application in TRS the system will save and pre-populate your application with the information on your previously submitted application.
- Click the “Review and Submit Application Now” button.
Step 5 (Review, Finalize and Submit Application)
- Review summary of application and attach any required documents.
- Click the “Submit Application” button. You and your supervisor will receive an email confirming your application was successfully submitted. You and your supervisor will receive auto-generated emails with application status updates throughout the remainder of the application process.
- Your application will be processed by the respective State/Territory/Tribal Training Coordinator and CDP Regional Coordinator. Monitor your email and TRS for updates and application status.
Who to Contact
- For training application and related questions or issues contact CDP Student Services at or 866-213-9553.
- For log in, access and technical system questions or issues contact CDP Help Desk Support at or 866-213-9699. Hours of operation are Mon. – Fri. 7:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Central.
- If you are unable to apply for CDP training via TRS and need an alternative to apply, contact your respective CDP Regional Coordinator.