Program B (TERT)
Technical Emergency Response Training for CBRNE Incidents
Technical Emergency Response Training for CBRNE Incidents (TERT)
I just returned home and that was the best training ever. I can't say enough about how GREAT of a job you all (ya'll) do. Every aspect provided quality training. I'm looking so forward to coming back. Roy Varney; Fire Fighter/EMT; Washington
Emergency Management, Emergency Medical Services, Fire Service, Governmental Administrative, Hazardous Materials, Healthcare, Law Enforcement, Public Health, Public Safety Communications, Public Works
The Technical Emergency Response Training for CBRNE Incidents (TERT) course is a four-day training course, which provides responders with Chemical, Biological, Radiological, Nuclear, or Explosive (CBRNE) specific and all hazards response skills enabling them to respond safely to either event. This course presents information regarding immediate response actions associated with life safety, preservation of property, and restoration of an incident site, as well as information related to the identification of CBRNE hazards. The TERT course concludes with the performance of acquired skills and tasks in a toxic environment (chemical and biological materials) at the Chemical, Ordnance, Biological, and Radiological Training Facility (COBRATF).
Below are some, but not all, of the critical skill sets learned during this training program:
- Identify potential targets for a CBRNE attack.
- Describe the wide-ranging implications of biological agents when used as weapons.
- Describe the threats associated with chemical weapons and the proper response to a chemical hazard incident.
- Identify radiological sources and hazards.
- Operate various chemical, biological, radiological, and nuclear dissemination devices.
- Evaluate a hazardous area using various monitoring and sampling tools.
- Perform mass casualty triage and evacuation operations at a CBRNE/all-hazards mass casualty incident.
- Perform mass casualty decontamination operations in response to a CBRNE incident.
- Initiate preliminary stages for implementation of the Incident Command System by emergency responders.
TERT is not designed for HAZMAT technicians.
Continuing Education Credits
- The Center for Domestic Preparedness is authorized by IACET to offer 3.2 CEUs for this program.
- Nursing, through Alabama Board of Nursing (nurses only): 32
- Police Officer Standards and Training (POST; approved per state): 32
- CA Environmental Health Specialist, through National Environmental Health Association (environmental health professionals): 32