Training Attire for CDP Courses
Many CDP courses contain hands-on activities. Casual wear is acceptable for these courses.
If scheduled to attend a CDP training program that includes hands-on training exercises:
- Pack casual comfortable clothing (free of controversial, inappropriate, political, or unprofessional markings)
- Pack several pairs of long, thick, cotton socks (no ankle/short socks) for wearing with CDP-issued Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- Hands-on training may cause a significant increase in perspiration, so pack accordingly
- Plan for prolonged periods in PPE; it is recommended to bring additional shirts to class
NOTE: Flip flops and tank tops are not permitted during training; open toe shoes are not allowed during hands-on training exercises.
If scheduled to attend the Field Force Extrication (FFE) course or Field Force Operations (FFO), in addition to the above guidance, pack:
- "NO" Polyester
- Safety (Steel or Composite) toed boots recommended
- Knee pads and rain gear recommended
General Attire Information
It is each student's responsibility to use good judgment in selecting attire that projects a professional image and is appropriate for both the local climate and classroom activities.
Hospital scrubs and department training uniforms are acceptable.
CDP classroom temperatures are typically climate controlled (rather cool), so packing a light jacket or sweater is recommended. Also, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a hat are suggested.
Prior to your departure, check the Anniston Alabama weather forecast to determine appropriate clothing and accessories for your comfort.
**Information in this document supersedes the 2016 CDP Student Handbook, which is being revised.