IED Awareness and Safety Procedures
The Improvised Explosive Device (IED) Awareness and Safety Procedures course is designed to provide foundational knowledge about IEDs and proper safety precautions and procedures for reacting and responding to unattended and suspicious items.
This 60 Minute Independent Study Training (IST) is a self-paced, web-based course covering the following topics:
· The importance of recognizing and reporting suspicious behaviors and purchases related to bomb-making materials
· The hazards of IEDs
· The indicators of suspicious items and the appropriate responses to each
· Your role in preventing bombing attacks
Critical Infrastructure Owners and Operators, Public Safety Officers, Emergency Managers, Security Officers, Law Enforcement Officials, and Private Sector Security Professionals.
Prerequisites and Requirements
Before you attend, participant requirements are as follows:
· You will need a computer with an internet connection to complete this course
· Course registration requires a FEMA SID, to complete the one-time registration process for a FEMA SID please visit: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register
Attention: This course works best in Microsoft Edge, Google Chrome, or Firefox.
Attention: Once completed, you must log back into your Student Portal to access your certificate of completion.
Continuing Education Credits
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)/Office for Bombing Prevention (OBP) is authorized by IACET (International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training) to award CEUs for this activity.
•International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training (IACET) – 0.1 CEU / 1 Contact hour
•Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) 1 CEU