Bomb Threat Preparedness and Response
The Bomb Threat Preparedness and Response course is an online independent study training. It uses interactive exercises and case histories of what actually happened during bombing incidents to familiarize participants with the steps necessary to prepare for and respond to a bomb threat.
This 60 Minute Independent Study Training (IST) is a self-paced, web based course covering the following topics:
- Planning for a threat
- Receiving a threat
- After receiving a threat
- School facility considerations
- Office facility considerations
- Medical facility considerations
- Sports facility and mass gathering
Critical Infrastructure Owners and Operators, Public Safety Officers, Emergency Managers, Security Officers, Law Enforcement Officials, and Private Sector Security Professionals.
Prerequisites and Requirements
Before you attend, participant requirements are as follows:
- You will need a computer with an internet connection to complete this course
- Course registration requires a FEMA SID, to complete the one-time registration process for a FEMA SID please visit: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register
Continuing Education Credits
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)/Office for Bombing Prevention (OBP) is authorized by IACET (International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training) to award CEUs for this activity.
- International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training (IACET) – 0.1 CEU / 1 Contact hour
- Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) 1 CEU