Bomb-Making Materials Awareness Employee Training
The Bomb-Making Materials Awareness Employee Training course is an online independent study training. It teaches participants how to recognize suspicious purchasing behaviors in a retail setting that might indicate Bomb-Making activity and what to do when a suspicious incident occurs.
This is a 35 Minute, Independent Study Training (IST), self-paced and web based course covering the following topics:
- Provides foundational knowledge on the Bomb-Making Materials Awareness Program (BMAP)
- Types of people who build bombs
- Commercially available products
- Suspicious purchases and behaviors
- Reporting a suspicious incident
Critical Infrastructure Owners and Operators, Public Safety Officers, Emergency Managers, Security Officers, Law Enforcement Officials, and Private Sector Security Professionals.
Prerequisites and Requirements
Before you attend, participant requirements are as follows:
- You will need a computer with an internet connection to complete this course
- Course registration requires a FEMA SID, to complete the one-time registration process for a FEMA SID please visit: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register
Continuing Education Credits
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)/Office for Bombing Prevention (OBP) is authorized by IACET (International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training) to award CEUs for this activity.
- International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training (IACET) – 0.1 CEU / 1 Contact hour
- Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) 1 CEU