Bomb Threat Management Planning
The Bomb Threat Management (BTM) Planning course provides participants foundational knowledge on the DHS risk management process and bomb threat management process. It gives participants the opportunity to apply this knowledge to develop a bomb threat management plan.
This is a one day, in-person instructor-led training covering the following topics:
- Risk Management
- BTM plan development, part A and B
- Capstone activity: BTM plan revision
Critical Infrastructure Owners and Operators, Public Safety Officers, Emergency Managers, Security Officers, Law Enforcement Officials, and Private Sector Security Professionals.
Prerequisites and Requirements
Before you attend, the following courses are recommended prerequisites:
- AWR-334: Introduction to the Terrorist Attack Cycle (Available at: https://cdp.dhs.gov/obp)
- AWR-335: Response to Suspicious Behaviors and Items (Available at: https://cdp.dhs.gov/obp)
- FEMA ICS IS-100 series (Available at: https://training.fema.gov/is/searchis.aspx?search=ICS%20100)
- FEMA ICS IS-200 series (Available at: https://training.fema.gov/is/courseoverview.aspx?code=IS-200.c)
Course registration requires a FEMA SID, to complete the one-time registration process for a FEMA SID please visit: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register
Continuing Education Credits
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)/Office for Bombing Prevention (OBP) is authorized by IACET (International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training) to award CEUs for this activity.
- International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training (IACET) – .7 CEUs
- Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) 7 CEUs