Homemade Explosives Awareness and Precursor Awareness
The Homemade Explosives and Precursor Awareness Course provides foundational knowledge on HME and common precursor materials. Participants will learn how to define HME and how it is used in an attack. In addition, participants will learn how to identify common precursor chemicals and materials used to make HME.
This 60 minute Virtual Instructor-Led Training (VILT), is delivered through live instruction to cover the following topics:
- Homemade explosives
- Physical characteristics of commonly found homemade explosives
- Perpetrator use of HME in an attack
- Precursor materials associated with production of HME
- Equipment associated with production of HME
Target Audience/ Disciplines
Critical Infrastructure Owners and Operators, Public Safety Officers, Emergency Managers, Security Officers, Law Enforcement Officials, and Private Sector Security Professionals
Prerequisites and Requirements
VILT registration requires a FEMA SID, to complete the one-time registration process for a FEMA SID please visit: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register
- Note: Registration will close 2 business days prior to the scheduled start date
- Two business days prior to training, you will receive an email with additional information: Course-specific info, On-Line Virtual Classroom link, and login instructions.
- Instructors will validate the registration during login
- Registration, test, and end of course evaluation will be required to obtain a certificate of training.
- To participate in the training session, you will need a laptop/desktop/mobile device with internet connection.
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)/Office for Bombing Prevention (OBP) is authorized by IACET (International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training) to award CEUs for this activity.
- International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training (IACET) – .1 CEU/1 Contact Hour
- Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) 1 CEU