Public Order and Public Safety - Executive
8 Contact Hours
This course provides senior law enforcement officers with skills to develop critical thinking and intuitive decision-making that support safe and responsive action in regaining order of a crowd. Participants receive instruction in legal perspective, crowd dynamics, demonstrator tactics, and force multipliers.
Course objectives and topics provided during this training:
- Discuss the right to peacefully assemble and law enforcement’s response.
- Discuss the legal considerations and civil rights protections.
- Identify processes for intelligence planning, collection, and application to effectively respond to incidents or events involving crowd management.
- Identify strategies to effectively mitigate and de-escalate civil unrest prior to and during mass demonstrations.
- Identify the considerations for deploying a mobile field force in response to mass demonstrations.
The target audience for this course is senior law enforcement officers who require advanced leadership training in public order and crowd management.
Prerequisites and Requirements
To be eligible for the course, the student must successfully complete the following courses: