Bombing Prevention Awareness Course
The Bombing Prevention Awareness course provides an introduction to the terrorist attack cycle, an overview of IEDs, homemade explosives, and a response to suspicious behaviors and items. This basic awareness is used to enhance bombing prevention measures.
This in a one day, in-person instructor-led training covering the following topics:
- IED construction and classification
- IED explosive effects
- HME and precursor awareness
- The terrorist attack cycle
- Response to suspicious behaviors and items
Critical Infrastructure Owners and Operators, Public Safety Officers, Emergency Managers, Security Officers, Law Enforcement Officials, and Private Sector Security Professionals.
Prerequisites and Requirements
Course registration requires a FEMA SID, to complete the one-time registration process for a FEMA SID please visit: https://cdp.dhs.gov/femasid/register
Continuing Education Credits
The Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency (CISA)/Office for Bombing Prevention (OBP) is authorized by IACET (International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training) to award CEUs for this activity.
- International Accreditors of Continuing Education and Training (IACET) – .7 CEUs
- Police Officer Standards and Training (POST) 7 CEUs